We aim to provide a high standard of care, which is flexible to cater for individual needs.
We expect all of our staff to be courteous and helpful and, at all times, they should:
- be reliable and on time
- have clear identification which includes wearing the recognisable BDC uniform
- treat everyone equally, and with respect and dignity
- respect a person’s right to privacy and be discreet about their personal affairs
- help everyone to express their wishes and make choices for themselves
- acknowledge people’s personal beliefs, religion, culture, etc, and be able to communicate in the language of the person using the services, where necessary.
How much does the service cost?
The cost of the service can be assessed and is decided based on your personal circumstances and finances. We can provide our services through the Local Councils, through Direct Payments or Privately through self funding. For information on cost please contact our team who will be happy to help.